Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Village Justice Court Closed Until June 17th
The Village Justice Court will not meet on March 25th, April 15th, or May 20th. The next session of the Bellerose Justice Court starts at 6:00 PM on June 17th. Summons with notices to appear on March 25th, April 15th, or May 20th will be adjudicated at the June 17th session.
Daytime Parking in the Residential District
Mayor Moore had extended the lifting of daytime parking
regulations in the residential district until June 1st.
Please check back here for updates.
Mayor Moore has issued a Local Emergency Order.
It can be read or downloaded <<here>>.
Mailing List Update
We are switching to MailChimp as the Village's E-mail service.
Please register <<here>> to be added to the Village's e-mail list.
If you signed up for the previous e-mail list you will receive an email from MailChimp requesting additional information.
Update from Mayor Moore
- Effective Thursday, April 2, Village Hall is closed to the public.
- The Village Clerk and Deputy Clerk will continue to alternate the hours that they work in the office and will continue to work from home.
- The Village playground will remain closed until further notice.
- On-street daytime parking rules in the Residential District have been suspended through the month of May and will continue to June 13th or later, depending on the Governor's Executive Orders. All other parking rules remain in effect.
- Village Hall continues to process applications and to conduct essential Village business. Permits, summonses, and fees should be clearly labeled and deposited in the Village Hall mail slot. Receipts will be mailed to your home.
- If you have a question or concern, pleased call (516-354-1000) or e-mail the Village Clerk (firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- If you have not already signed up for the Swift-911 call system, please consider doing so now. Click <<Swift-911>>
A Message from State Senator Kaplan
Click <<here>> to read Senator Anna Kaplan's recent letter to residents.
Final Assessment Roll Published
The Property Tax Assessment Roll for 2020/2021 has been finalized.
For further information, click <<here>>.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Village Election Postponed
In an effort to keep New Yorkers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today issued an executive order delaying village elections statewide. The new date for the Village Election is September 15.
"Our top priority has been keeping New Yorkers safe and stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus," Governor Cuomo said. "Public health officials have been clear that reducing density is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread, and delaying village elections will help ensure poll workers and voters are not potentially exposed to the virus and at the same time maintain integrity in our election system."
Board of Trustee Minutes
The Minutes of recent monthly meetings are available <<here>>.
Archived Minutes can be read or downloaded on the links below:
Housing Rehabilitation Program
Nassau County has made funds available to residents of Bellerose Village.
Additional details are available at Village Hall.
Note: During the current Covid-19 pandemic, daytime parking regulations in the resident district are suspended. All other parking regulations remain in effect.
Residential Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trash collection is done on Tuesdays and Fridays. Trash receptacles are to be kept at the rear of your home.
Bulk matter is collected on Tuesdays. We ask that you call Village Hall (516-354-1000) at least one day before a bulk collection and request to be added to the bulk pickup list. You will be asked for a general idea of the items you will be putting out for pickup. These items should be placed close to your regular trash.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.