Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Board of Trustees' Meeting
The Board of Trustees will meet at Village Hall
on Monday, October 26, 2020 at 7:30 P.M.
Social distancing and face mask wearing protocols will be followed.
Leaf pickup in the residential district will start on October 22, 2020 and will continue for the next six Thursdays, ending on December 2, 2020.
Please do not to pile up leaves in front of your home until the pickup starts.
Landscapers are required to take leaves removed from resident's property.
Notices of Violation
The Village's three Code Enforcement Officers have been directed to place "Notices of Violation" to remind residents:
- Parking on the street in the Residential District is prohibited during the hours 10 am to Noon and from 2 pm to 4 pm on weekdays;
- Parking on the sidewalk or driveway apron is prohibited; and
- Trash is to be stored at the rear of the house and not to be moved to the street on collection days.
- Residents who need a parking accommodation on trash collection days should call Village Hall.
- Signs and placards placed on the dash board of your vehicles can no longer be honored.
Village Playground Open
The Village playground is open from 9:00 am until dusk.
Thank you to Jessica Dubuss, the Village's Recreation Commissioner.
Please Observe all Health and Safety Guidelines.
2020 Village Election Results
The results of the 2020 Village Election are posted <<here>>.
Village Justice Court Resumes Sessions ...
The Village Justice Court will meet on October 21st and October 28th.
- Anyone with a summons seeking an appearance before the Village Justice should call the Court Clerk (516-358-2962), Monday to Friday, from 9:15 AM to 12:30 PM and from 1:45 PM to 4:15 PM to schedule a court appearance date.
- Walk-ins without appointments will be taken after those with scheduled appointments.
- Village Court session starts at 6:00 PM on these dates.
- All appropriate COVID-19 precautions will be followed:
- Everyone entering the building must wear a face mask.
- Temperatures will be taken.
- Social distancing will be observed.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Update from Mayor Moore
Mailing List Update
Please register <<here>> to be added to the Village's e-mail list.
If you signed up for the previous e-mail list you will receive an email from MailChimp requesting additional information.
Final Assessment Roll Published
The Property Tax Assessment Roll for 2020/2021 has been finalized.
For further information, click <<here>>.
Board of Trustee Minutes
The Minutes of recent monthly meetings are available <<here>>.
Archived Minutes can be read or downloaded on the links below:
Residential Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trash collection is done on Tuesdays and Fridays. Trash receptacles are to be kept at the rear of your home.
Bulk matter is collected on Tuesdays. We ask that you call Village Hall (516-354-1000) at least one day before a bulk collection and request to be added to the bulk pickup list. You will be asked for a general idea of the items you will be putting out for pickup. These items should be placed close to your regular trash.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.