Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Annual Organiztion Meeting
The Annual Organization Meeting and the Regular Monthly Business meeting will take place on Monday, September 28 at 7:30 PM. This meeting will be a hybrid meeting. Limited seating will be available in Village Hall.
Social distancing and mask wearing are mandated.
The meeting webinar will take place on the Zoom platform.
Link to the invitation: https://bit.ly/bellerose2020Annual
Details and links are also posted on the Village calendar.
Village Playground Open
The Village playground opens at 9:00 am.
Thanks to the spirit of volunteerism that is alive and well in Bellerose Village, the playground will remail open (weather permitting) until dusk.
Code Enforcement Officers have been directed to issue summonses
to all vehicles not issued a temporary accommodation
that are parked on the street during prohibited hours.
"Visiting" signs placed in vehicle windows do not grant an exemption.
Call Village Hall if you need a temporary accomodation.
Elder Scam Alert
To read Nassau County Police Commissioner Patrick J. Ryder's
Elder Scam Alert click <<here>>.
Village Justice Court Resumes Sessions ...
The Village Justice Court will meet on September 16th, September 30th, October 21st and October 28th.
- Anyone with a summons seeking an appearance before the Village Justice should call the Court Clerk (516-358-2962), Monday to Friday, from 9:15 AM to 12:30 PM and from 1:45 PM to 4:15 PM to schedule a court appearance date.
- Walk-ins without appointments will be taken after those with scheduled appointments.
- Village Court session starts at 6:00 PM on these dates.
- All appropriate COVID-19 precautions will be followed:
- Everyone entering the building must wear a face mask.
- Temperatures will be taken.
- Social distancing will be observed.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Update from Mayor Moore
- Residents seeking Notary or any other service requiring entrance into Village Hall should call Village (516-354-1000) to schedule an appointment. Face masks are required.
- All parking rules are in effect. Click on the Parking tab for additional information.
- Village Hall continues to process applications and to conduct essential Village business. Permit applications, summonses, and fees should be clearly labeled and deposited in the Village Hall mail slot. Receipts will be mailed to your home.
- If you have a question or concern, pleased call (516-354-1000) or e-mail the Village Clerk (email@example.com.)
- If you have not already signed up for the Swift-911 call system, please consider doing so now. Click <<Swift-911>>
Mailing List Update
Please register <<here>> to be added to the Village's e-mail list.
If you signed up for the previous e-mail list you will receive an email from MailChimp requesting additional information.
Final Assessment Roll Published
The Property Tax Assessment Roll for 2020/2021 has been finalized.
For further information, click <<here>>.
Board of Trustee Minutes
Agendas and Minutes of recent monthly meetings are available <<here>>.
Archived Minutes can be read or downloaded on the links below:
Housing Rehabilitation Program
Nassau County has made funds available to residents of Bellerose Village.
Additional details including income qualification are available at Village Hall.
Funding is available until October, 2020.
Residential Parking Regulations
On-street parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
The placement of "Visiting" signs on the dashboard of vehicles as a way to avoid being issued a summons is not supported. If you need a parking accomodation, please call Village Hall and a temporary consideration will be granted.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trash collection is done on Tuesdays and Fridays. Trash receptacles are to be kept at the rear of your home.
Bulk matter is collected on Tuesdays. We ask that you call Village Hall (516-354-1000) at least one day before a bulk collection and request to be added to the bulk pickup list. You will be asked for a general idea of the items you will be putting out for pickup. These items should be placed close to your regular trash.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.