Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
VILLAGE CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER NEEDED
The Inc. Village of Bellerose is seeking a Code Enforcement Officer
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: The Code Enforcement Officer (CEO) patrols an assigned area and enforces laws, rules, and regulations relating to vehicular parking at meters and in parking areas adjacent to the Long Island Railroad Station; reports building activity in the Residence and Apartment & Business District; performs related duties as required, such as Process Server of Village Ordinances. The CEO reports to the Village Clerk. Maximum 25 hours per week.
Bellerose Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
August Board of Trustees' Meeting - Canceled
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees
will take place on Monday, September 28th at 7:30 PM.
For the Bellerose Village Tree Survey
For additional information, please click <<here>>.
Update from Mayor Moore
- Effective Monday, July 13th, Village Hall is closed to the public and the door of Village Hall will remain locked. Permit applications may be placed in the mailbox.
- Residents seeking Notary or any other service requiring entrance into Village Hall should call Village (516-354-1000) to schedule an appointment. Face masks are required.
- The Village playground will remain closed while we implement measures to ensure the health and safety of residents and staff.
- All parking rules are in effect.
- Village Hall continues to process applications and to conduct essential Village business. Permit applications, summonses, and fees should be clearly labeled and deposited in the Village Hall mail slot. Receipts will be mailed to your home.
- If you have a question or concern, pleased call (516-354-1000) or e-mail the Village Clerk (email@example.com.)
- If you have not already signed up for the Swift-911 call system, please consider doing so now. Click <<Swift-911>>
Village Justice Court Closed Until ...
The Village Justice Court will not meet on March 25th, April 15th, May 20th, or June 17th as previously published. Summons will be adjudicated at a future Village Justice Court session. Check this wesbite for all announcements about the Justice Court dates.
Mayor Moore has issued a Local Emergency Order.
It can be read or downloaded <<here>>.
Mailing List Update
Please register <<here>> to be added to the Village's e-mail list.
If you signed up for the previous e-mail list you will receive an email from MailChimp requesting additional information.
Final Assessment Roll Published
The Property Tax Assessment Roll for 2020/2021 has been finalized.
For further information, click <<here>>.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Village Election Postponed
In an effort to keep New Yorkers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo issued an executive order delaying Village elections statewide.
The new date for the Village Election is September 15.
Board of Trustee Minutes
The Minutes of recent monthly meetings are available <<here>>.
Archived Minutes can be read or downloaded on the links below:
Housing Rehabilitation Program
Nassau County has made funds available to residents of Bellerose Village.
Additional details are available at Village Hall.
Note: During the current Covid-19 pandemic, daytime parking regulations in the resident district are suspended. All other parking regulations remain in effect.
Residential Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Trash collection is done on Tuesdays and Fridays. Trash receptacles are to be kept at the rear of your home.
Bulk matter is collected on Tuesdays. We ask that you call Village Hall (516-354-1000) at least one day before a bulk collection and request to be added to the bulk pickup list. You will be asked for a general idea of the items you will be putting out for pickup. These items should be placed close to your regular trash.
Recyclables are collected on Fridays.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.