Bellerose Village Bulletin Board
Monday to Friday - 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
A Message from State Senator Kaplan
Click <<here>> to read Senator Anna Kaplan's 3/30/20 letter to residents.
Final Assessment Roll Published
The Property Tax Final Assessment Roll for 2020/2021 has been finalized.
For further information, click <<here>>.
Update from Mayor Moore
- Effective immediately, the Village playground will remain closed until further notice.
- On-street daytime parking rules in the Residential District have been suspended through the month of April. All other parking rules remain in effect.
- Village Hall remains open to process applications and to conduct essential Village business. The Village Clerk and the Deputy Village Clerk/Court Clerk will be alternating their hours at Village Hall and working from home in order to serve the residents of Bellerose Village while maintaining the required social distance policy.
Village Justice Court Closed
The Village Justice Court will not meet on March 25th and April 15th.
The next session of the Bellerose Justice Court is May 20th.
Summons with notices to appear on March 25th and April 15th
will be adjudicated at the May 20th session.
Pay Parking Tickets Online
Click on the Justice Court link on the navigation menu.
Village Election Postponed
In an effort to keep New Yorkers safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today issued an executive order delaying village elections statewide. The new date in June for the Village Election is under discussion in Albany.
"Our top priority has been keeping New Yorkers safe and stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus," Governor Cuomo said. "Public health officials have been clear that reducing density is one of the most effective ways to stop the spread, and delaying village elections will help ensure poll workers and voters are not potentially exposed to the virus and at the same time maintain integrity in our election system."
Board of Trustee Minutes
The Minutes of the the monthly meetings have been posted:
To read or download Mayor Moore's January Message
click on this <<link>>
If you would like to signup for the Residents' Mailing List,
please click on this << link >>and provide the requested information.
Housing Rehabilitation Program
Nassau County has made funds available to residents of Bellerose Village.
Additional details are available at Village Hall.
Legal & Public Notices
Bellerose Village Road Project
Begins Monday, October 7, 2019
Hudson Road (Commonwealth & Massachusetts Blvds)
Ontario Road (Commonwealth Blvd & West Dead-End)
The Bellerose Village Road Reconstruction Project is scheduled from
October through December 2019. The Mayor and Board of Trustees approved the notice to proceed for United Paving Corp. in conjunction with H2M architects + engineers, PC to reconstruct Hudson Rd (between Commonwealth & Massachusetts Blvd.) and Ontario Rd (between Commonwealth Blvd. and the west side dead-end).
Crews from United Paving Corp. will begin work on Hudson and Ontario Roads on Monday, October 7, 2019. Please be advised that there may be crews, vehicles and machinery within the Village and possible traffic detours. Special letters have been sent to homeowners whose properties fall within the Road Project area.
The Mayor, Board of Trustees and Highway Department
Residential Parking Regulations
Parking is prohibited in the Residential District:
- From 10:00 AM to Noon and
from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- From 2:00 AM until 6:00 AM seven days a week.
Metered Parking Regulations
Muni-Meter Parking is in effect in Magee Plaza (LIRR Station) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Metered Parking is in effect in the Commercial District (Jericho Turnpike and adjacent side streets) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
PSEGLI OUTAGE INFORMATION
- To report and receive status updates on an outage Text OUT to PSEGLI(773454) or to report an outage online visit www.psegliny.com
- To register have your account number available and text REG to PSEGLI (773454)
- Follow PSEG Long Island on Facebook and Twitter to report an outage and for updates before, during and after the storm
- Downed wires should always be considered “live.” Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything contacting the wire. To report a downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 1-800-490-0075
- Visit PSEG Long Island’s outage map to view outage information across Long Island and the Rockaways at https://outagemap.psegliny.com/
- Make sure everyone in the family is prepared and knows what to do if there is an emergency
- Visit https://www.psegliny.com/page.cfm/Home/Safety to learn about safety tips from Sesame Street, YouTube safety videos and more.